To enable the PromoteMyPlace blog functionality go to Section 12 – Blog on your PromoteMyPlace Dashboard.
Check the box to 'Enable Blog'.
1. Click into the Blog section and then choose Posts from the left-hand menu.
2. Click Write New Post.
3. Enter the Title of your blog post and the content (including images) using the content editor.
Please note: You can find full instructions on how to use the content editor here: https://promotemyplace.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216230003-How-to-use-the-content-editor
4. You have the option to enter a Slug (URL) that you want for your blog post, or simply choose Extract from Title and the system will automatically add this for you.
5. You can also choose to enter an excerpt which will override the automatic excerpt/summary that is displayed on the blog overview page.
6. Choose if you want to allow comments on your blog post.
7. If you don’t want to publish your blog post immediately you can un-tick the box next to Publish to save your post as a draft or you can change the Set Publish Date option from Automatically to Manually and specify a date that you’d like your post to go live.
8. Finally, add categories and tags to your blog post to help your blog visitors find specific topics/posts faster. Follow this link for more information on How to add and manage tags and categories in your blog.
Either choose from one of your existing categories or enter a new category using the Quick add new category box and clicking Add.
Next, add the tags that you’d like associated with your blog post (or again you can choose from existing tags by using the link provided).
9. Once you’ve done that, click Save Post to save your work.
You can view your finished blog post by clicking Go to post, next to the Save Post button.
For advice on getting started with your holiday let blog, visit our blog here: https://www.promotemyplace.com/blog/getting-started-with-your-holiday-let-blog