1. If you have an existing website on your domain name, please contact us before making any changes.
2. If you have an existing website on your domain name and an email address associated with that existing website e.g. your domain name is myholidayvilla.com and your email address is something like firstname.lastname@example.org then please contact us before changing the name servers for your domain. Please provide us with the domain name you want to use. If you change the name servers without contacting us your email will stop working. We need to add some records to your DNS settings before you make any changes.
If you do not have an existing website that you are transferring the domain name over to your new PromoteMyPlace website, then you can carry on with the changes as follows.
For further information relating to changing the name servers with your specific domain name provider, please see below:
- Namesco / Names.co.uk
- Heart Internet
- 123 Reg
- Domain Monster
- Crazy Domains
When instructed to do so, please enter the following name servers into the primary and secondary fields (one in each field):
The final step is to make sure you have entered your domain name into your PromoteMyPlace account. To do this simply follow the instructions below:
- Click into Section 5 once logged into your account 'Use Your Own Domain Name'
- Enter your purchased domain name in the field provided
- Select if you have changed the Name servers with your domain name provider, or changed the A Record (information on changing the A Record can be found here: https://promotemyplace.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216229603)
- Then finally, use the dropdown to select your domain name provider. If your provider is not listed, select 'Other'.
- Click 'Save'.
If you have a secondary domain that you'd like to point to the primary domain, please enter each one into the 'Secondary Domain Name Setup' section. Note: You must ensure the name servers have been changed for each of these secondary domains as per the step requirements for the primary domain.
NB: It can take up to 72 hours for name servers to be changed over.