Our recommended route for pointing your purchased domain name to your PromoteMyPlace website is to change the name servers to ours. See here for further details: https://promotemyplace.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216231083
By doing so we take full control of your DNS settings which means that if at any point in the future our IP address changes due to server upgrades, you won't have to do anything. You will also get support from our team with anything relating to your DNS settings.
The alternative option is for you to point your domain name to your PromoteMyPlace website using an A Record and setting the IP address to: 188.8.131.52
This may be the preferred option:
- If your domain name provider does not allow you to change the name servers.
- If you already have an existing website and email associated with your domain name and you're happy to retain control of the DNS settings.
Pointing your domain name to your PromoteMyPlace using the A Record route
To do this you will need to log in to your domain name account and change the A Record to point to our IP address which is: 184.108.40.206
The final step is to make sure you have entered your domain name into your PromoteMyPlace account. To do this simply follow the instructions below:
- Click into Section 5 once logged into your account 'Use Your Own Domain Name'
- Enter your purchased domain name in the field provided
- Select if you have changed the Name servers with your domain name provider, or changed the A Record (information on changing the A Record can be found here: https://promotemyplace.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216229603)
- Then finally, use the dropdown to select your domain name provider. If your provider is not listed, select 'Other'.
- Click 'Save'.
If you have a secondary domain that you'd like to point to the primary domain, please enter each one into the 'Secondary Domain Name Setup' section. Note: You must ensure the name servers have been changed for each of these secondary domains as per the step requirements for the primary domain.
NB: It can take up to 72 hours for name servers to be changed over.
WARNING: If you have an email address associated that with domain name provider i.e. email@example.com you must provide us with an alternative contact address for you since your email will be inactive until we've set the MX Records correctly. We will need to have a form of communication with you in order to discuss the next steps.