We are often asked how to improve website rankings in search engines, so below is a quick reference guide if you are undertaking the SEO yourself.
- On page contents and off-page links can improve your ranking on search engines (the exact science is not disclosed so the system can’t be manipulated).
- Include keywords and key phrases rather than focusing on one word (think about what you would type in if you were looking for your property).
- Consider the density of your keywords. It’s important to ensure you stick with ‘natural phrasing’ as otherwise you can get penalised (or banned) for repeating keywords or phrases to try and trick the search engine into ranking you higher.
- Give each webpage a descriptive ‘title tag’ (a ‘title tag’ is what you see at the top of your browser window when you look at a page), this aids the search engine ranking and your customers as a link with no name isn’t very enticing.
- Use weblinks within your webpages as a way to emphasis key words and try to have external webpages linking through to your website. You can improve your ranking by making sure your website is listed with relevant directories.
- Get as many links pointing to your website from other relevant websites as possible. Each quality link acts as a 'vote' in the eyes of Google and you're rewarded for it by better ranking in their search engine.
- Ensure any images you upload have a description as this is a way of including more keywords.
And finally by using PromoteMyPlace.com to create your website you are guaranteed a well designed and organised website which is search engine friendly.