When creating your own translations for your website please following the instructions below on adding new language options, setting the default language and going live:
Adding new languages:
- Go into Section 10 'Enable Custom Translations' when logged into your account
- Tick the box 'Enable Custom Translations'
- NB: Only use this if you are writing your own translations. If you are not writing the different languages yourself but want your website to appear in different languages, you must use the Google Translate widget - found in Section 4.
- Next, click on 'Select Languages' and tick the box next to each language you are going to create, then click 'Assign'
- These will now appear as language selections you can make live to your website:
- You can now go into the 'Edit Website Content' section to create the text in those languages - be sure to select the correct language from the dropdown box that appears at the top of each website page when in editing mode.
Going Live with additional languages:
- Once you're happy with the text, come back into Section 10 'Enable Custom Translations' and tick each of the languages you want to make live on your website:
Check your default language:
- The last thing to double check is the default language selected is as you'd like. You can change this to any one of your languages by using the dropdown provided.