If you've already created sub-pages to a main menu page but then decide that you'd prefer the main menu page containing no content and be non-clickable, therefore directing your website visitors to click into one of the sub-menu pages instead, follow the instructions below:
- First go into 'Website Basics' / 'Website Pages' and click into 'Add New Page' then 'Add Custom Page' to create your 'Custom Page'. This will allow you to set the 'Page Content' to 'None' and click 'Save'.
- NB: You will not be able to name the page exactly as per the standard page already in place until you have deleted that page. So for now add a '2' after it if you do want it to be the same name.
- The Custom page will now be added to your main menu.
- Next delete the original standard page that have the sub-pages attached to it.
- NB: Don't worry the sub-pages will just drop down on to the main menu, but you'll need to be quick since they will now be live on your site via the main menu!
- Once you've clicked 'Save' you'll be back on the main menu. Click into 'Settings' next to the first sub-page you want to place under the new custom page. Tick that you'd like the page added as a 'Sub menu' page. Then click the dropdown under 'Parent Page' and select the page you would like that sub-page to be nested under. Then click 'Save'.
- Repeat this process for any other sub-pages you had under the original main menu page that need moving.
- You can now go into 'Settings' next to the new custom page and rename it if necessary.
Finally click 'Preview' to make sure all your changes have been applied and that the new Custom page contains no content and is not click-able.