Now you've decided to create a stylish professional website to help promote your holiday rental online you may be a bit overwhelmed with what to do next. Never fear, we've created this useful article to guide you through the setup stage with PromoteMyPlace.
Step 1 - New Website:
- Once you've logged into your account, click on the 'New Website' button to get started:
Step 2 - Website Name & Description:
- Then enter a name for your website and click 'Next Step':
TIP: This could be the name of your property or your existing domain name (if you already have one).
- Your website name will form the basis of your domain name (a domain name is the URL that is unique to your website. For example: seaviewcottage.promotemyplace.com
RECOMMENDATION: Whilst you can continue creating your website using the domain name that we provide (and if you wish, you can also market your holiday rental online using the domain name we provide which contains the promotemyplace.com extension) we do not recommend doing so long term. For the reasons why and what you can do instead, please refer to this article here.
TIP: Not sure what to write for your website description, check out our helpful article here.
Step 3 - Multi Properties:
- If you have multiple properties to add to the same website, tick the box alongside 'Include multiple properties on the same website':
TIP: If you do have more than one property to promote, please refer to this article here.
- If you don't have more than one property, you can continue by clicking 'Next Step'.
Step 4 - Website Pages:
- Standard pages are provided, you can add others by clicking the 'Add New Page' button or remove pages by clicking the 'Remove Page' button next to the relevant page name.
TIP: You can change the order of the menu items, customise your footer menu (if you don't want it the same as the main menu) and add new pages - both custom and sub-menu pages in this section.
- Click 'Finish' once you've add the pages.
NB: You can come back to this section at any time to add, remove or order pages.
Step 5 - Template & Colour Scheme:
- Next head into Section 2 'Choose & Customise Template' to decide how you want your website to look.
- 1) Select your preferred template
TIP: You can preview each one to see how it will look. Don't be afraid to come back to this section once you've added your content to see if you prefer an alternative design. You can also change the template as many times as you like whilst subscribed to PromoteMyPlace. All content will automatically switch over - you don't need to do a thing except push a button.
- 2) Using the left hand menu, head into 'Choose Colour Scheme' to pick your preferred website colour palette. There's plenty to choose from, so take your time deciding what's best for your property.
TIP: You can preview each one to see how it will look. Don't be afraid to come back to this section once you've added your content to see if you prefer an alternative colour scheme. You can also change the colour scheme as many times as you like whilst subscribed to PromoteMyPlace. All content will automatically switch over - you don't need to do a thing except push a button.
Step 6 - Customise Template:
- Now it's time to start entering your website information and adding your header images - Section 2 'Choose & Customise Template'.
- 1) Customise Template: Enter your header images, background image (if applicable template has been chosen) and logo.
TIP: Need help with adding photos? Check out our helpful article here.
Step 7 - Website Content
- Now it's time to add content to each page of your website - both text and images. Using the left hand menu within Section 3 - 'Edit Website Content', click into each page to add the text and photos.
TIP: Add an enticing page heading that immediately let's your website visitors know what your property is. For example: Modern 2 Bedroom Cottage, Sleeps 2
TIP: Need help writing your website content. Get some great tips in our helpful article here.
TIP: Click 'Save' after entering any new text or photos to ensure all updates are logged into the system.
TIP: Showcase side column photos by adding photos using the link at the bottom of each page.
Step 8 - Widgets:
- Enhance the usability of your website by adding widgets.
TIP: Add the widgets you want, then using the left hand menu, select the order you'd like them to appear in and finally add widget information (where applicable) in 'Widget Settings'
Step 8 - Publish!
- All that's left is to PUBLISH your website!
Congratulations, you've now created your holiday let website and it's live on the internet. It will take several weeks for Google to index a new website, so don't expect to be able to 'Google' it and voila, it will appear. But if you type the full domain name into your browser, you should see your website appear (after waiting up to 72 hours for it to propagate).
- Be Prepared to Wow Your Visitors With Your Website
- How to Choose the Perfect Domain Name for Your Holiday Rental Website
- 7 Essential First Steps for Promoting Your Holiday Let Website