If you'd like to add a button to your website as a call to action or similar, simply generate your button using a 3rd party tool such as one from Da Button Factory and integrate it with your website.
- Add the text you'd like
- Decide on the font type and colour
- Select your button colour
- Then click on 'Download' to be able to save it to your computer
Once you have the file for your button, go back to your PromoteMyPlace website.
Decide whether you want to add the button to your side column (in Widgets) or to a main text area of one of your webpages.
1 - Adding the button to the widgets side column
- Go into Section 4, Widgets
- Select the 'Badges' widget then go into 'Widget Settings'
- Click 'Add New Badge' and upload the badge to the relevant 'Badges' section
- Then add the URL link in the field provided and click 'Save Changes'
Don't forget to test that the link works!
2 - Adding the button to a webpage
- Go into Section 3, Edit Website Content
- Select the page you wish to add the button to
- Insert the button image on to your webpage using the 'Insert Image' functionality
- Once embedded, highlight the link, go to 'Insert' / 'Insert Link' and add the relevant URL
Depending on whether you're adding an internal link or an external link, will determine whether you want the page to open in a new window or not.