It is not possible to add sound to your PromoteMyPlace website. This is a deliberate decision by the development team as it is believed that initiating automatic sound when a website opens has a negative impact on the website visitor for various reasons:
- It can significantly slow down the speed to which your website loads which could result in your website visitors going elsewhere.
- If visitors land on your website via their mobile device to which they are using data usage, rather than Wi-Fi, they will be charged more for using more data which is caused by sound files.
- Your music tastes may be very different to the person visiting your website and may in fact be off-putting, therefore resulting in the visitor shutting down your website and finding a competitor's website instead.
- Your website visitor may be at work whilst viewing your website - if music blares out (because their volume on their computer is turned up) it will be embarrassing and potentially detrimental.
- If a blind person visits your website and is using a screen reader to read your website content, the sound file will override it resulting in that person not being able to read your site.
In short, it is much better for your website, and therefore your holiday let business, to stay neutral when it comes to sound to ensure visitors do not immediately navigate away from your website so that you have a better chance of gaining an enquiry, or even better, a booking.