Yes, you can embed a video on to your PromoteMyPlace website.
To do so, you will first need to upload it to a video sharing site such as YouTube.
Then once you've uploaded your video file to that site, you can choose to 'Share' it via social media channels or your own website.
YouTube provide an option to 'Embed' your video. This provides you with HTML code. Copy the HTML code provided and then go back to your PromoteMyPlace website to embed it in to your site.
If you are not sure how to get the embed code, see 'Getting the Embed Code from YouTube' below
There are two options for embedding the video file:
1. Embed to 'Widgets': This ensures that the video is visible on most pages of your website.
- Go to Section 4 'Widgets'
- Tick the box 'YouTube Videos'
- Then go into 'Widget Settings'
- Enter the HTML code into the field provided and click 'Save'
2. Embed to page content: This enables you to place the video in to the main content (text) area of a specific page of your website.
- Go to Section 3 'Edit Website Content'
- Go to the page you wish to embed the video
- Go to the section of that page where you'd like your video to display.
- Using the website editor, click 'Tools' / 'Insert HTML Snippet'
- Then enter the HTML code provided by YouTube (or your 3rd party video site) into the box that appears and click 'OK'. See 'Getting the Embed Code from YouTube' below.
- Finally click 'Save' and your video will appear within the page content.
Getting the Embed Code from YouTube
- Find the video you want to embed on YouTube
- Click the 'Share' button below the video
- Select the 'Embed' tab
- Copy the code and paste it into your website using one of the methods above