Please note, our recommended route for pointing a domain name to your PromoteMyPlace website is to change the name servers to point to ours. By using this method, PromoteMyPlace has control of your DNS settings which means that if at any point in the future our IP address changes due to server upgrades, you won't have to do anything. You will also be able to get support from our team with anything relating to your DNS settings.
The alternative option is for you to point your domain name to your PromoteMyPlace website using an A Record and setting the IP address to ours.
This may be the preferred option if:
- Your domain name provider does not allow you to change the name servers.
- You wish to retain complete control of the DNS settings.
How to point your domain name to your PromoteMyPlace website using the A Record method:
When logged into your domain name provider go to the DNS Settings section and:
1. Change the A Record - Use the A record field to point the non-www. version of your domain name to IP address: 22.214.171.124
2. Add the following CNAME records (or update existing ones):
- awverify.www -> pmpsiteserver.trafficmanager.net
- www -> siteserver.promotemyplace.com
3. Add two TXT records with hostname/alias blank:
And the following TXT record with hostname/alias blank:
Please Note: Depending on your domain name provider, you may or may not need to include double quotes around each text record. If it doesn't allow you to leave hostname/alias blank enter @
And that's it. If you have any questions before working through this process or you get stuck, contact our Support Team for help.