If you have an existing website on your domain name that you would like to point to your PromoteMyPlace website, please follow the instructions below:
This is a 3 step process:
- Add Verification Records
- Contact our Support Team once you've added the verification records so we can add the domain name at our end
- Point your domain name to PromoteMyPlace
Step 1 - How to add the verification records:
When logged into your domain name provider, you will need to add the following records to the DNS settings section:
- CNAME with alias awverify.www pointing to pmpsiteserver4.trafficmanager.net
- Two TXT records with hostname/alias blank:
Please Note: Depending on your domain name provider, you may or may not need to include the quotations around each text record. If it doesn't allow you to leave hostname/alias blank enter @
Step 2 - Contact us
Now that you have completed Step 1 by adding the verification records to your domain's DNS settings within your domain name provider account, contact our Support Team to let us know.
Step 3 - Point your domain name to PromoteMyPlace
Once we have completed the internal process in Step 2, we will let you know that you can go ahead and change the name servers for your domain name to the PromoteMyPlace name servers.
NOTE: Please wait until we have confirmed it is okay for you to do so, otherwise you may experience some downtime.
Once you have received our go-ahead, you can log back into your domain name provider account and change the name servers to point to ours.
For further information relating to changing the name servers with your specific domain name provider, please see below:
- Namesco / Names.co.uk
- Heart Internet
- 123 Reg
- Domain Monster
- Crazy Domains
When instructed to do so, please enter the following name servers into the primary and secondary fields (one in each field):
And finally, if you have not already added your domain to Section 5 - Use Your Own Domain Name - within your PromoteMyPlace account, follow the instructions below:
- Click into Section 5 once logged into your account 'Use Your Own Domain Name'
- Enter your purchased domain name in the field provided
- Select that you have changed the Name servers with your domain name provider
- From the dropdown select your domain name provider. If your provider is not listed, select 'Other'.
- Click 'Save'.
And that's it. If you have any questions before working through this process or you get stuck, contact our Support Team for help.