If you're using Stripe to take payments for your holiday let, you might occasionally hear from a guest who's having difficulty making a payment and who is seeing a message that reads:
An error occurred while processing your card. Try again in a little bit.
Once you've confirmed that your guest's card is valid, if the issue persists, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your Stripe account and check for any flagged messages. If you see a flagged message, send a screenshot to our support team so that we can advise on this further. If you don't, continue to the next step.
- Check to see whether your guest is using a booking.com virtual card. A booking.com virtual card can only be charged if Stripe adds a special code to your account registering you as an accommodation. You can do this by contacting Stripe and asking them to add code 'MCC7011' to your account.
- If the issue still persists, please do get in touch with our support team so that we can investigate the issue further. You will need to provide the following information:
- Guest's name
- Booking dates
- Date/Time of the failed payment
- A screenshot of the error (if different than that above).