If you have your own domain name purchased with Wix, you will need to follow the instructions below in order for that domain to point to your PromoteMyPlace website.
This is a 3 step process:
- Add Verification Records
- Contact our Support Team once you've added the verification records so we can add the domain name at our end
- Point your domain name to PromoteMyPlace
Step 1 - How to add the verification records:
- Log in to your Wix account
- Follow the instructions provided by Wix here: https://support.wix.com/en/article/connecting-a-wix-domain-to-an-external-site
- At Step 4 add a CNAME with alias awverify.www pointing to pmpsiteserver.trafficmanager.net
- Scroll down to the TXT (Text) section and enter two TXT records with hostname/alias blank:
- Please Note: Depending on your domain name provider, you may or may not need to include double quotes around each text record. If it doesn't allow you to leave hostname/alias blank enter @
Step 2 - Contact us
Now that you have completed Step 1 by adding the verification records to your domain's DNS settings within your domain name provider account, contact our Support Team to let us know.
Step 3 - Point your domain name to PromoteMyPlace
IMPORTANT: Before completing this step you should have confirmation from us that we have completed Step 2 and that it is OK to proceed.
Once we have completed the internal process in Step 2, we will let you know that you can go ahead and point your domain name to our IP address.
NOTE: Please wait until we have confirmed it is okay for you to do so, otherwise you may experience some downtime.
Once you have received our go-ahead, you can log back into your domain name provider account and complete the DNS change.
- Log back into your Wix account
- Go to Step 5 in the instructions provided by Wix here: https://support.wix.com/en/article/connecting-a-wix-domain-to-an-external-site
- Use the A record field to point the non www. version of your domain name to IP address: 220.127.116.11
- Delete the existing A Record with alias www.
- Rename the alias for the existing verification CNAME to www instead of awverify.www.
NB You will need to delete the A Record with alias www. first, because you cannot have 2 records with the same alias.
And that's it. If you have any questions before working through this process or you get stuck, contact our Support Team for help.