You can upload and attach a document to your website in a number of ways, as follows:
How to upload an attachment:
- Ensure that the document is no larger than 10MB.
- Ensure the document/s you want to attach is saved on to your own computer,
- In 'Edit Website Content' click into the 'Attachments' section.
- Click on the 'Choose File' button and select the file you wish to attach from your own computer,
- Once located, click the 'Upload' button. This will then load the document to the PromoteMyPlace servers.
- Once the document/s have been uploaded they will appear in a table on the same page, simply copy the entire URL shown and place the link into the relevant website page.
Note: To get the full URL of the attachment, click on the file you've just uploaded (as shown by the arrow above). This will open that document in a new window. Copy the entire URL (shown in the image below). This is the URL you need to have to paste either as a hyperlink from a piece of text in your webpage, or as the menu item link.
TIP: If you are adding the document within a web pages content, you should add text as the hyperlink to the document rather than use the URL. This makes it clearer to the website visitor what they will be viewing and more aesthetically pleasing on your website.
Or if you'd prefer to have a link direct from your main toolbar follow the instructions below.
Attachment as part of the main header toolbar (once you have followed the instructions above to upload your attachment to the PromoteMyPlace server):
- Create the webpage you require by going into 'Website Basics', then clicking on 'Website Pages' using the side toolbar
- 'Add New Page', 'Add Custom Page' then enter the name you wish to call the page e.g. Booking Form
- Select the drop down of the 'Page Content' field and select 'Link to another page on the internet'
- Press 'Save'
- Exit this section and go back into the 'Edit Website Content' section
- Find the page you have just created and click into it. A field will now be visible for you to enter the URL which you can get from the 'Attachments' section (if you didn't already copied it earlier)
- Once you have entered the URL, click 'Save' and then 'Preview' to ensure it links correctly by opening a new tab
- All done!
Copy & Pasting:
To copy and paste a URL link or any other piece of text/content, simply take your mouse to the beginning of the text or URL you want to copy, left click, hold and drag the mouse to the end of the URL/text/content. Once you have selected everything you'd like to copy, simply right click on the mouse, select 'copy' from the dropdown menu. Find the field or text field you would like this copied content to be placed into, right click on the mouse again, then select 'Paste' from the dropdown menu. Your URL/text/content should now be safely in the required section.
Please note: There is a 10MB file limit on all uploads and attachments.