If you have your own domain name purchased with GoDaddy, you will need to follow the instructions below in order for that domain to point to your PromoteMyPlace website:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account
- Follow the instructions provided by GoDaddy here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664
- Select: Setting Custom Name Servers for Domains Registered with Us under the Here and Elsewhere column.
- Choose the option for the number of domains that you currently have registered with GoDaddy - 6 Domains or Fewer or More than 6 Domains.
- At Step 5 enter our name servers into the fields provided:
- Click SAVE.
The final step is to make sure you have entered your domain name into your PromoteMyPlace account. To do this simply follow the instructions below:
- Click into Section 5 once logged into your account 'Use Your Own Domain Name'
- Enter your purchased domain name in the field provided
- Select if you have changed the Name servers with your domain name provider, or changed the A Record (information on changing the A Record can be found here: https://promotemyplace.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216229603)
- Then finally, use the dropdown to select your domain name provider. If your provider is not listed, select 'Other'.
- Click 'Save'.
If you have a secondary domain that you'd like to point to the primary domain, please enter each one into the 'Secondary Domain Name Setup' section. Note: You must ensure the name servers have been changed for each of these secondary domains as per the step requirements for the primary domain.
NB: It can take up to 72 hours for name servers to be changed over.
WARNING: If you have an email address associated that with domain name provider i.e. email@example.com you must provide us with an alternative contact address for you since your email will be inactive until we've set the MX Records correctly. We will need to have a form of communication with you in order to discuss the next steps.